Dan Kubin Bronze V3R Sidewinder
Made in America
"Now with an updated weighted impact screw! I found that it helps with the stability of the hit, and improved overall performance. Also, please note the rubber band position is another simple tuning element. For lower volt operations, or harder hit, position the band pointing slightly up. This will reduce return spring tension thus making it operate better at slower speeds and decreasing the amount of give. Bonus is less strain on the rubber band.
Previous updates to the V3R include adding the coveted DK thumbscrew, moving the impact screw (the most crucial and misunderstood tuning element) to the front end of the armature bar and added a hardened steel impact pin so the machine will be easier to reset, and will hold its tune much longer. I also used a few tricks from the V7 to reduce spitting and make it hit a bit more rigid on the low end and added the backer springs as well to prevent spring breakage.
These updates are in addition to the 2019 updated version which still has the same dependable and proven geometry as the original v3, but now revisited and remastered with subtle differences to improve overall performance. This is the most user friendly Sidewinder yet. The differences, others than aesthetics, is the numbered stroke wheel, an impact screw timing mark on the cam and frame (like the v5-6). Additionally, I did a new spring loaded vice lock setup that effortlessly clamps down your tube. The stroke wheel is indexed in 10 positions, and numbered accordingly."
Thanks for looking - Dan.
- Bronze Black Plated Brass Frame with Black Hardware(*Finish may vary)
- DK Thumbscrew, new Armature Bar, and updated Stroke Wheel for improved performance
- The renowned rotary liner. Effortlessly sink any size line by just grazing the skin.
- The motor is the same as the V2-V4 Sidewinder, which has proven the test of time. It has been a favorite of the long time Sidewinder collectors.
- Vice-Lock that easily tightens on nearly any tube
- Great for all varieties of Line Work or as a Fast Shader/Packer
- Timing mark on the cam and frame for setting the impact screw. (Just like the V5 and V6)
Numbered stroke dial so you can easily play with the stroke without fear of losing that sweet spot. You can’t make it too long or too short
**Machine Finish Varies Each Batch...some lighter some darker
- Standard Needle on Bar: wrap a thick rubber band around the motor cap and across the front of the machine to add needle bar tension. It is recommended that you use Thick Rubber Bands and Dan's Perfect Nipples.
- Cartridges: wrap a rubber band around the motor cap and over the top of the armature bar to counteract the cartridge's upward tension. Thick or standard rubber bands both work, it will just depend on the tension of the cartridge membrane or band to determine with rubber band provides the proper counter resistance.
V3R Setup and Tuning Video