Eco-responsible barrier film that is used to easily protect the surfaces of your station. Thanks to it's perforated lines every 30cms (11.8 inches) it's extremely easy to use.
If industrial composted (aka put in your green bin), this wrap biodegrades within 90 days.
If sent to a landfill, this wrap biodegrades within 9 months only leaving CO2 and water behind.
- Material: PLA + PBAT
- Large - 30cm (11.8 inches) wide x 100m (328 feet) long
- Small - 10cm (3.9 inches) wide x 152.5m (500 feet) long
- Perforated lines every 30cm (11.8 inches)
- 100% biodegradable
- Large - equal to 390 wash bottle bags (6 x 10 inch bags)
- Small - equal to 250 clip cord sleeves (2 x 24 inch bags)
- Perforated lines for ease of use
- Performs better than standard plastic wrap as it is 3 times thicker
Compostability / Biodegradability
100% compostable means that PLA products are fully renewable. It can be converted back to monomer and polymer, or, it can be biodegraded into water, carbon dioxide and organic materials. PLA is much more sustainable than regular petroleum made plastic. PLA is the common name for Polylactic Acid or Polyactide. PLA is made from starch rich plants such as corn, wheat and sugar beets. These plants are first milled to separate the starch, from which is unrefined dextrose is processed. The unrefined dextrose goes through a fermentation process and the result is lactic acid.
The tested PBAT polymer is a fossil-based, biodegradable polymer, which is used amongst others for the production of biodegradable, certified compostable bio-waste bags (according to EN 13432) or biodegradable in soil certified mulch films (according to EN 17033).
Our wrap is a combination of PLA and PBAT bio-plastic which is why it is able to break down outside of an industrial facility.